Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Benefits of Travel

Well another week has pasted and I have been thinking a lot about all my travels over the years. Yes I know this is getting off the track and point and purpose of this blog I started, But I have to say so many things happen in your life over the years and those events influence who you are and how you think about things in general. 

One of the great advantages of travel, which I have done so much over the last 30 years, is the meeting of some of the most interesting people from around the world. I have been blessed with working with some of the most talented people anyone could ever meet in one life time. I truly mean this in the most sincere way.

Working with technicians, designers, artist, craft people etc. has given me my total outlook on life and helped my own design sense and abilities. 

One of my favorite places to have had the privilege to travel is the Philippines. Over 20 years ago upon my first trip to the Philippines I not only fell in love with the islands, but most of all with the People. Everyone that I have met over the years has been an inspiration to me and helped guide me as a designer.  

But what I want to talk about most in this post is about a person I just met a little over a year ago. I have had the honor working along side of him in the design business, but most of all getting to know him as a person, Not just a designer/artist that he is one of the best I have every met, But a person with so much thought and remarkable insight to the problems and challenges of living our lives. 

I don't want to go into names and details and such, but one of his passions, besides design and art, is horticulture. Plants, Plants, Plants and how to use them in design and how to live and grow with them. We are face book friends as most of your are and he has posted some of the most wonderful photos, some his designs, some others designs, hints and facts about plants, just about anything you want to know about living and learning about plants. So I want to share some of those " Inspirations" with you. 

Designing a outdoor space takes time and patients beyond what most of us would every choose to take on. But results can be amazing! 

Just something simple like log and twig arbor makes a big difference to any outdoor space. How lush this one makes this dining area look. 


Can we talk tropical!  That is what is so wonderful about the Philippines, everything is oversize and over grown beauty! 



I have no idea what these are, I guess I should ask my friend! 
 BUT isn't this a spectacular achievement ?



An added bonus to having a friend such as this is to see through their eyes, And as a designer myself it helps with my own perspective and outlook. 

Sharing the interest of home decor design and combining it with the knowledge of horticulture proves to be a winning trait. 





Last but not least I want to show you some examples of creative use of materials combining love of Plants and Nature! 


Love this, How Eco friendly can you get? 


How clever can you get?  Great for a Garden room or kitchen or just hanging on the side of your potting shed or garage. 


The perfect WALL ART! 



A simple and easy way to create a bog garden! 


Buy some cheap plastic jello molds or cake pans and use quick Crete ( that's simple cement, brand name) to make some of the most interesting and creative holders for plants. Love the Bulb idea, fresh and clean!  

Well!  Thanks for letting me share an important part of my life and hopefully it will let us all remember how wonderful it is to meet and work with interesting people. We all can share in this journey called LIFE.  

My best to everyone and remember.

Make everyday your Holiday! 

Tim  





No comments:

Post a Comment